Download from: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Purpose of the Form: Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country. It is only used for Hague country. A U.S. citizen use this form to initiate the immigration process to adopt a child who habitually resides in a Convention country. Form I-800A and supporting evidence are required for USCIS to determine your eligibility and suitability to adopt a Convention child.
$720 Filling Fee
$85 Biometrics Fingerprints Fee for each person 18 years of age or older who is living with the applicant.
Payment can be made in personal check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Adoption Coordinator will prepare the Form I-800A and Supplement 2 for adoptive family based on information provided on the Adoption Application. Family will then review the forms to ensure the information is correct. You should contact the adoption coordinator immediately to make any necessary changes. When the forms are correct, please do the following:
- Sign and date the Form I-800A and Supplement 2. Each parents must sign at appropriate places for petitioner and spouse of petitioner.
- Send 2 original copies with signatures of each form to our office.
- Include a check or money order for the filling and biometric fees.
- Send photocopies of your vital documents if available: marriage certificate, decrees for all previous divorces, birth certificates, U.S. passports, naturalization certificates*
* You may send copies of your vital documents to the adoption coordinator as email attachments.
All of the above documents should be sent to our office at:
Faith International Adoptions
1105 Tacoma Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98402
When your I-800A petition is received and cleared by the USICS, you and Faith International will receive the Form I-797C, Notice of Approval Letter, in the mail. This document is your approval from the United States government to adopt a foreign born orphan in a Convention country. Typically family wait 3 months, sometimes longer for this approval. Adoptive parents must be ware of expiration dates for fingerprints and the I-797C; they are both only valid for 15 months. The expiration dates are provided on the I-797C. You should contact Faith International at least 3 months prior to the expiration for renewal. Adoptive parents must be aware that expiration can lengthen the adoption process and increase the in-country costs significantly.